Soon on the NYT, the inside life of Al-Tawhid.
From a bit of immersion reporting with a Syrian anti-government fighting group in and near Aleppo. With pix by Bryan Denton (@bentonphoto) and a video produced by Ben Solomon (@bcsolomon).
ABOUT THE PHOTOGRAPHS
Abdul Hakim Yasin, left, the commander of the Lions of al-Tawhid, inside Aleppo with a chrome-plated Kalashnikov smuggled in from Iraq. These fighters were sensible about their firearms, and didn’t think much of this one, beyond that when there is a shortage of firearms in war, you use what you can get. By the author. Last week.
We’ll put another photograph here in a moment, for a friend.
- sakugazo reblogged this from they-drift-like-worried-fire
- pappito reblogged this from diannefeinsteinvevo
- jorjic0stava reblogged this from they-drift-like-worried-fire
- they-drift-like-worried-fire reblogged this from hupla66 and added:
- hupla66 reblogged this from they-drift-like-worried-fire and added:
- sovietgoner likes this
- panzertron likes this
- denjiro7 likes this
- hungeren reblogged this from sirkowski
- gjnrock likes this
- kanly likes this
- toropiski reblogged this from cjchivers
- ifisthemiddlewordinlife likes this
- gunsandaccessories reblogged this from operator-as-fuck
- operator-as-fuck reblogged this from diannefeinsteinvevo
- the-alpha-group likes this
- diannefeinsteinvevo reblogged this from cumsoline and added:
- david likes this
- cumsoline likes this
- markcoatney likes this
- crosscrowdedrooms likes this
- sirkowski reblogged this from cjchivers
- nickturse likes this
- thepoliticalnotebook likes this
- cjchivers posted this